Today we had a very successfully maintenance day on the wiki’s and the servers all at the same time. (Go figure…)
In any case, if you didn’t notice already, the servers never went down. That’s because the servers where not to go down, but the backend for us to access their support system was down. Go figure (as I said before.) So this is done.
After many many months of the Task Perl Bot not working, it now is working and will start automatically updating the open task list on the English wiki, thanks to our newest bot installed, Media Tag Bot (By Carnildo). I used the new perale backend code to re-code the Task Bot, and it worked fine. A few errors, but working those out with Carnildo.
The Media Tag Bot examines all recently updated media files and checks to see if they are tagged with the correct copyright tags. If not, it will notify the user and tag the media file according to the rules we have set forth in it’s logic based upon the set polices on the Media Wiki. This will help us make sure we are covered legally and have no issues in the future.
If you have any questions on what went on in the past 48 hours, just give us a shout out on the [[BW:CN|cheif's board]] and we will get back to you!
So say bot us all!